Manager, Annual Giving & Donor Stewardship
Hospitals of Regina Foundation (HRF) is dedicated to improving patients’ lives by raising funds for the advancement of health care in southern Saskatchewan. Over 35 years, the Foundation has raised more than $230 million in support of a full range of enhanced health care services, research, medical fellowships and education for Regina’s three hospitals – Regina General Hospital, Pasqua Hospital and Wascana Rehabilitation Centre. The lives of thousands of people are made better each year, thanks to our team’s efforts and the community’s generosity.
Reporting to the Director, Development (Annual Giving) and serving as an important member of the Development team, the Manager, Annual Giving & Donor Stewardship is responsible for the Foundation’s multi-faceted annual giving and stewardship programs.
Working in collaboration with the Director, the Manager will provide strategic program design and will work to maximize annual philanthropic revenue, ensuring long-term financial support for Regina’s hospitals. The Manager will also ensure the success of direct reports, the Donor Stewardship Officer and the Development Officer, Gift Entry & Receipts.
A pro active, strategic, goal-oriented fundraising professional, the Manager, Annual Giving & Stewardship will play a key role in the strategic growth plan of Hospitals of Regina Foundation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Oversee, manage and grow the existing direct mail and email programs, including writing direct response letters and other communications, liaising with suppliers, managing timelines, and working collaboratively with colleagues to identify relevant and impactful patient stories.
• Implement and enhance the plan to grow the monthly donor giving program
• Oversee the online employer matching gift system
• Project manage the annual tele-fundraising initiative with external suppliers
• Collaborate effectively with development colleagues in planned and major giving to ensure an integrated approach to fundraising and donor stewardship
• Research, develop and implement a hospital staff giving program.
• Other duties as assigned
Program Growth and Development
• Actively participate in annual business planning and budgeting
• Identify opportunities and lead activities related to the growth of the Foundation’s Annual Giving Program, including but not limited to direct response mail and email programs.
• Create queries, exports and reports in Raiser’s Edge in order to analyze and track data to evaluate program effectiveness and recommend annual program planning.
• Create and manage donor segments and lists in Raiser’s Edge
Program Expertise and Team Leadership
• Learn from colleagues and professional development opportunities in order to be an ambassador for best practices in charitable fundraising.
• Stay abreast of philanthropic developments, trends and industry challenges that may assist or impact the annual giving program.
• Ensure the success of direct reports:
• Oversee the quality and timeliness of donor stewardship by providing effective management and mentoring to the Donor Stewardship Officer
• Oversee the accuracy and timeliness of gift entry and receipting by providing effective management and mentoring to the Development Officer, Gift Entry & Receipting
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• A strong understanding of the nuances of direct response programs
• Excellent writing and communications skills
• Demonstrated ability in designing and implementing new revenue streams
• A track record of excellent donor stewardship
• Interest in, and significant experience with, data analytics and data base management
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong project management skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and adherence to process and protocols
• High level of personal and professional integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour
• Demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team
• Self-starter who takes initiative and always follows through on a commitment
• Commitment to the team and the Foundation’s mission and objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum four to five years relevant experience in the charity sector
• Previous experience managing staff
• University degree or college diploma
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office required
• Strong knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge 7 or NXT
• Member in good standing with Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
The Manager, Annual Giving & Donor Relations works 37.5 hours per week, and will be located at the Foundation’s downtown office, but may in the future be relocated to another Foundation office, at the discretion of the President & CEO. Occasional work outside of regular office hours will be required during periods of peak activity and at special events, including evenings and weekends. Work may require occasional travel within Regina and/or southern Saskatchewan.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000. Hospitals of Regina Foundation may offer a salary outside the range, depending on skills and experience.
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
To apply for this position, we ask that all candidates directly send cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Kathleen Specht at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for your interest in Hospitals of Regina Foundation, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.